Democracy & Insight Co-ordinator
Application Deadline: 21st June 2020
Interview date: 30th June 2020
Start Date: 3rd August 2020
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Type: Full time, fixed term contract until July 2021, with potential for extension
This role will lead our research work into students’ lives, provide support for campaigns led by and run for students, and support elected officers in enacting their priorities. In the short term, the post holder will lead research that will inform the organisation's new strategic plan and in the longer-term will conduct research and deliver reports relating to the student voice. Additionally, the role will coordinate our democratic structures, including providing day-to-day support for the Elected Officers, Elections and Student Council.
We are looking for someone who has experience of undertaking research, can inspire and empower elected officers and has a passion for student democracy and campaigning.
You will be joining an organisation that is focused on delivering effective representation, advice and social opportunities for students. We will be developing our new strategic plan over the next six months and are launching a new website this summer. Our engagement spans multiple sites, including offices in Chester, Shrewsbury and Warrington, representing a combined membership of over 14,000 students. We have recently been shortlisted for the Students’ Union of the Year prize in the Educate North Awards and featured as one of the UK's Top 10 Students’ Unions in the 2019 WhatUni Awards.
To apply please email your completed application form to CSU@chester.ac.uk
We also ask all applicants to please fill out our Diversity Monitoring Form which can be found here.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as they are currently under-represented within the organisation.
Student Trustees - £voluntary
CSU is seeking brand new Student Trustees. Working together with the Officer Trustees and External Trustees, the right candidate will help to ensure that everything we do benefits students while making sure the Union remains financially solvent and legally compliant.
The role involves:
- Contributing to the strategic leadership of a registered charity.
- Ensuring CSU is operating in the best interests of students.
- Monitoring CSU's progress against strategic aims and objectives.
- Monitoring the financial performance of CSU to ensure it remains financially secure and accountable.
- Monitoring the performance of Elected Officers and holding them to account.
If selected, you can expect to be:
- Attending approximately 4 Trustee Board meetings a year.
- Attending any sub-committee meetings to which you are appointed - we are starting two new sub-committees this year!
- Reading through materials and papers in advance of Trustee Board meetings
- Keeping in regular contact by email and phone with the Chair of the Trustee Board and other Trustees to be able to provide real-time feedback when queries and issues arise.
- Participating in Trustee Board meeting debates and discussions, using your knowledge and experience to represent the views of the student body.
- Attending the CSU Annual General Meeting, where an annual report will be presented to the student body.
Amazing opportunity for anyone wanting to move into management or governance roles after they graduate.
Interested? Click here for the candidate pack.
Deadline: Monday 15th June 2020 at 9am - interviews Thursday 18th and Friday 19th June 2020.
(Thanks to RUSU for help with the descriptions!)
No vacancies at this time - check back soon.